Got a conversion to do? Building project? Got questions? Need Answers? Offering a product or service? Visit our forum...

My Barn Conversion

Login

canadian pharmacy
About | Shop | Privacy | Forum | Gallery | Contact Us

Building Progress ~ February 2011

Category: Barn Conversion Journal March 3rd, 2011 by mbc

I completed the retaining great wall at the end of the path at the back of the barn and got on with putting in a mortared masonary wall to the garden side of the path that leads along the back of the barn through the gap in the wall that was one of my first acts of destruction at the barn. I’m also rearranging the rock garden that sits above this wall – it’s quite hard to describe so I’ll post some pictures shortly. This work has started to tidy things up but there’s still plenty to do. I began to lay the flag-stone patio last weekend, but rain-stopped-play as it so often does.

I made a start on clearing some of the trees and branches from the thick hedge that runs along the south facing edge of our little patch of woodland to let more sun-light into the wood and to make a contribution to next winters fuel supply. A blunt chainsaw chain and poor weather put paid to completing this job at the end of the month. A set of chainsaw sharpening files and the cold but dry weather that’s hopefully around the corner should let me crack on in March.

I had a visit from building control that’s given me the need to review my to-do list (coming soon). I had a bit of a concern about safety glass, but thankfully the bedroom hayloft door glass and the glazed arch in the bathroom are safety glass (the little safety glass symbols were obscured when we were looking for them by the masking tape that had been on the windows since last summer). The need to establish if it was safety glass or not made me get on with painting the bedroom hayloft door and the large yard side window (the top of which forms the glazed arch in the bathroom) so that I could remove the masking tap so that’s some painting unexpectedly done.

Inclement weather drove me indoors a couple of times so the main bathroom has had more tiling done to tidy up the joints in the shower cubicle, the walls have had holes filled and a spruce up of the paintwork, I put up a couple of hooks for hanging clothes on with the aid of my new stud finder (for finding wall studs – essential to get a good sound fix to the wall) and all the tiling has been cleaned over again.

I was also visited by a family of fellow barn convertors – good luck to Debbie, John and family; I hope you found some inspiration!

If you enjoyed that post, then read these…

Building Progress ~ February 2008, week 4
We have walls. Well at least partially, the partition walls have started to be built in the kitchen, to form a utility / services room & a small WC and upstairs,…

tag: ‘Progress

Building Progress ~ July 2010
Let’s get in early this month.

tag: ‘Progress

Progress in Pictures – Update 2010
I was recently ferreting through my old posts re-tagging and categorising them and came across this Progress in Pictures post from summer 2008.

tag: ‘Progress

Posted in Barn Conversion Journal | No Comments » « Leave Yours
Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Comment

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and may delay your comment. There is no need to resubmit your comment.