Got a conversion to do? Building project? Got questions? Need Answers? Offering a product or service? Visit our forum...

My Barn Conversion


canadian pharmacy
About | Shop | Privacy | Forum | Gallery | Contact Us

Lime Pointing ~ Summer 2008 … part 2

Category: Barn Conversion Journal August 8th, 2008 by mbc

With a set of plans and my ruler I set out to check the figures I’d put together earlier in the Summer when working out how much repointing work I have to do.

All my original figures were based on a total of around 70m2 of repointing which would take around 150 hours of work.

These figures were based up some quick sums I did in my head using what I thought the measurements of the barn are.

I should really have got the ruler out before now as I actually have around 150m2 to complete. Quite a miscalculation and a kind of validation of the maxim – ‘measure twice cut once’ (except I didn’t even measure once!).

There is good news … I’m actually quicker than I thought I was, at least at hacking out the old mortar. But I’m still not going to recalculate a total (which will be somewhere over 200 hours) … I’ll just soldier on.

If you enjoyed that post, then read these…

Brambling take 2
There’s been some pay-back from the bramble clearing that we spent so many weekends doing.

category: ‘Barn Conversion Journal

Building Progress ~ August 2010
We’ve been away to Brittany for a week so I’ve gone back to my old late ways this month.

tag: ‘lime mortar

Building Progress ~ September 2010
Seems like I’ve been repointing for ever.

tag: ‘lime mortar category: ‘Barn Conversion Journal

Posted in Barn Conversion Journal | No Comments » « Leave Yours

Leave a Comment

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and may delay your comment. There is no need to resubmit your comment.